Are you ready for the festive season? Here at Vemacity we’re looking forward to it with great anticipation, after all, Christmas is the merriest time of the year! We all know Christmas this year is going to be slightly different, so why not bring the Christmas cocktails to the comfort of your own home. Here are 5 festive gin cocktails you should try this Christmas.
Hrafn Raffles Sling, with Hrafn Gin.Let’s start with the delicious Hrafn Raffles Sling, with Hrafn Gin.
- 60ml Hrafn Gin ‘Winter Edition’
- 30ml Cherry Heering
- 15ml Dom Benedictine
- 15ml Cointreau
- 120ml Pineapple Juice
- 30ml Lime Juice
- 20ml Grenadine
- 1 Dash Dr. Adam Elmegirab’s Orinoco Aromatic Bitters
- Half fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add all ingredients, in order.
- Long shake & strain into an ice-filled High Ball glass.
- Garnish with cherries.
Mulled Christmas G&T, with Misty Isle Mulled Christmas Gin.Are you a fan of mulled wine? Why not take a classic and give it a gin-twist with a Mulled Christmas G&T, with Misty Isle Mulled Christmas Gin.
- 50ml Misty Isle Mulled Christmas Gin
- Scottish tonic water
- A slice of orange and a cinnamon stick
- Combine gin and tonic in a glass and garnish with a slice of orange and a cinnamon stick.
Chocolate Orange Negroni, with Pocketful of StonesAre you a chocolate orange lover? And a gin lover? Yes. Then this festive cocktail is for you.
- 25ml Dandelion & Burdock Gin
- 25ml Cocchi Americano Rosa
- 25ml Campari
- Dash chocolate bitters
- Mix together all ingredients and stir down.
- Serve over ice.
- Garnish with a twist of orange and shavings of dark chocolate.
Cranberry Martini, with Cranes GinThe Martini is probably the most classic cocktails, but why not add a Christmas twist by using Cranes Cranberry Gin.
- 6 parts Cranes Cranberry Gin
- 1 part Vermouth
- Olives to serve
- Chill the Martini glass, either in the fridge or using ice
- Thread the olives onto a cocktail stick and set aside
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, Cranes Cranberry Gin and Vermouth
- Now we like ours shaken not stirred, so shake the cocktail shaker till cold, approximately 10 seconds
- Strain the Martini into the glass and garnish with the olives
Winter Bramble, with Greensand Ridge DistilleryFancy something citrusy this festive season? This is the cocktail for you.
- 50ml Greensand Ridge London Dry Gin
- 25ml lemon juice
- 15ml sugar syrup
- 10ml Creme de Mure
- 15ml port
- Combine the gin, lemon and syrup in a shaker with some ice.
- Shake well and pour into a Low Ball glass filled with crushed ice.
- Combine the port and liqueur and add gently, allowing it to bleed through the ice.
- Garnish with fresh blackberries.
Christmas Punch, with Mr Hobbs GinHow about a Christmas gin punch for the adults in the family this year? This sharing punch will definitely put you in the Christmas spirit!
- 1 bottle Mr Hobbs Henley Gin
- 3 cartons apple juice
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- 5-star anise
- 4 whole cloves
- Combine all your ingredients in a large saucepan and stir on a gentle heat for 15 mins.
- Taste along the way and garnish with a dried slice of orange.
These festive cocktails will definitely help you have a very Merry Christmas! Why not get yourself some festive personalised gin glasses and give these cocktails and an extra bit of Christmas Cheer!