The Ultimate Gin Recipe Collection: Gooseberry Gin Fizz
Gooseberry Gin Fizz
Gooseberries are lurid green in colour and a total treasure to have in your back yard. They are edible fruits, easy to grow and are a bit daunting and evil as they have plenty of thorns and not easy to pick. The scientific names Ribes uva-crispa, is a species of Ribes and native to Europe, the Caucasus and Northern Africa. It is sour as acid but with a combination of brown sugar they are the best you can ever dream of. This classic sweet gin is of unique flavour and the gooseberries bring the tartness and freshness to the drink. A delightful way to kick start a hot afternoon!
- Handful of fresh gooseberries
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- 60ml gin
- 30ml elderflower cordial
- 15ml lime juice, freshly squeezed
- To top up chilled cloudy sparkling lemonade
- To garnish fresh gooseberries
Equipment : Muddler, shaker, strainer
- Place the gooseberries in a glass container.
- Combine with sugar.
- Pour the gin, lime juice and elderflower cordial over the gooseberries and shake well.
- Strain the liquid into a highball full of ice.
- Pour chilled lemonade on top.
- Slice the gooseberries reserved for garnishing.
- Serve garnished with sliced gooseberries.
Food Pairing: Fruit Tarts with crumbly pastry!
Hey Gin Buddy! Gooseberry Gin Fizz is an absolute delight to drink with a crowd. Click away on the site well on time to ensure an amazing discount on your first purchase of balloon gin glasses and many more items on our website.
Download our Free craft gin guide which highlights 32 of our favourite craft gins from around the globe. Feel free to share the news with your gin buddies and colleagues too for their knowledge. Hurry up to claim the amazing offers.